When I asked you to recommend some of your favorite places to enjoy nature’s grand show – WOW – I had no idea how many wonderful choices you’d suggest!
Too good not to share.
As we’re about to head into prime vacation season, maybe you’re looking for some new spots for you and your family to explore. Check out these ten interesting ideas from your fellow readers.
Consider it your ticket to some of the best seats in the house, so to speak, at choice locations all across the country (reader notes included).
1. Roaring Fork, Tennessee – for less crowded views of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
2. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, Alaska – the largest park in the U.S….spectacular
3. Grand Isle, Lake Champlain, Vermont
4. Watkins Glen State Park, New York – family friendly, lots of waterfalls
5. Great Falls National Park, Virginia – not far from DC…amazing rapids
6. St. Francois Mountains, Missouri – only 90 minutes from St. Louis and includes 5 state parks
7. Point Reyes National Seashore, California – if you’re visiting Napa or Sonoma, don’t skip this!
8. Black Point Wildlife Drive, near Titusville, Florida – one of the few remaining saltwater marshes on the East Coast…amazing bird
9. Chequamegon National Forest, Wisconsin – remote…lovely
10. Custer State Park, South Dakota – especially off-season…our favorite time is in early spring when you have the park almost to yourself.
Fabulous! Makes me want to hop in the car (or jump on a plane as the case may be), grab my camera and…GO!
If you aren’t able to head out just now – or you’d simply like to bring some beautiful locations inside with you – our collection of inspirational Christian art is one nice solution.
Two brand new additions are now available, featuring images from Grand Canyon National Park and Crawford Notch State Park (NH).
If you’d like to take a look, you’ll find the Grand Canyon art (Be Strong in the Lord) here and Crawford Notch (Go Out in Joy) here.